Paul

Default Help! JL Audio AMP cutting out.

Hi,
I have a JL audio 400/4 and a 500/1 amp with 4 jl speakers hooked
into the 400/4 and
my sub in the 500/1. Kenwood head unit and kenwood changer. I have had
this system in my car for a year and it has worked flawlessly. I can
crank it as loud as I want with no thermal shut offs or anything.

Recently however my 400/4 amp has been shutting off and on randomly
with higher volumes making it worse. I have observed the following
with the components playing:

1) Green power light goes off on 400/4
2) No thermal or OHM lights go on.
3) 500/1 amp Does not shut off but stays on. 400/4 is the only one
that powers off and on.
4) When music does come back it sounds very distorted sometimes.
5) Even though lower volumes seem to help it, it still cuts off with
the volume very low.
6) Why is it suddenly doing this after 1 year of great listening.

Any suggestions please. Thanks,
Paul