Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Impulse responce

On 7/09/2020 11:38 am, cedricl wrote:
On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 4:22:30 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
On 7/09/2020 11:09 am, cedricl wrote:
On Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 2:13:03 PM UTC-7, geoff wrote:
On 7/09/2020 8:29 am, cedricl wrote:
Playing around with importing impulse response files into a convolution reverb. They want to be split stereo .wav files. My files are .aiff files. What will convert .aiff files to split stereo .wav files?

Sound Forge will on Windows, as will most other audio editors and DAWs.

Presumably the same in MacWorld, unless Apple is in denial of WAV .....

geoff
I'm on a Mac. I can convert to .wav just not "songL.wav" and "songR.wav."

If not to save directly to separated L&R files, surely whatever app you
are using the conv.reverb in can easily select one channel and copy to a
new channel/file/ event, save it, and then the same with the other channel ?

Or is this for an app that just uses the reverb and has no basic
editing functions ?

geoff

I trying to load impulse response files into Waves IR1. I get a message that says it wants to see two separate .wav files.

If you are using Waves IR1 plugin, presumably you have a DAW or audio
editor application hosting it. Creating two separate (L & R) mono files
from a stereo file should be a trivial exercise in even the lamest of
audio apps. Just a click to select the channel, a drag to a new
track/file, and a Save As for each. Should take about 20 seconds.

No need to go back to the Dark Ages by firing up a command line,
finding the correct syntax, and typing the relatively cryptic commands
into it.

What is your host application ?

geoff