Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default hearing audio files on host computer controlling guest on remote desktop?

"Peter Larsen" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

On 11/10/2014 7:28 AM, OLD_CS1_enter wrote:

Recently set up remote desktop to use the laptops to control the desktop
and vice versa. I am having one difficulty I need to work around. I
have several audio programs on the desktop that I can control remotely
via the laptop, but when I play the audio files they of course can only
be heard at the desktop. How can I also hear the audio files on the
controlling computer?

You can't, unless the audio files are on the controlling computer.

Wrong if the software is not broken by design, it may be necessary to
select the rdp-virtual soundcard for playback.

Or you could set up a streaming server on the desktop and connect to that
from the laptop.

Or use Radmin and connect the host to the playback system.

Nothing is going to be simple, though.

Audio via rdp is simple and usually works if not intentionally broken. I
did however find it a better solution to connect the host pc to the
playback system and use Radmin and then edit on the laptop while sitting
in ye comfy olde listening chair.

Oh, and on the rdp client you can in fact also select "leave audio at host",
I plain hadn't looked properly on what the client allowed back then.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen