Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default hearing audio files on host computer controlling guest on remote desktop?

"OLD_CS1_enter" skrev i en meddelelse

Recently set up remote desktop to use the laptops to control the desktop
and vice versa. I am having one difficulty I need to work around. I have
several audio programs on the desktop that I can control remotely via the
laptop, but when I play the audio files they of course can only be heard
at the desktop.

Look at the options for the remote desktop client, IF the audio software
goes by the rules it can be asked to deliver the audio to the client
computer via the rdp-protocol. This IS how it is, just answer the question
about what to do with the remote audio. Audition 1.5 gets it right, Adobe
replaced the playback engine so it broke for versions 2 and 3, dunno if they
fixed it, it may be intentional that they laid hindrances in the way for
using their software on a terminal server.

How can I also hear the audio files on the controlling computer?

IF the above fails and you need to have access to the "front session", the
visibile session, on the host pc, then radmin is very good. That ended up
being my choice while I used Audition 1.5, I just wired the cloud pc to my
monitor setup, using the internal sound card, HP tends to get that good in
their pc's and laptops.

Thanks!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen