Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default hearing audio files on host computer controlling guest on remotedesktop?

On 10/11/2014 13:05, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/10/2014 7:28 AM, OLD_CS1_enter wrote:
Recently set up remote desktop to use the laptops to control the desktop
and vice versa. I am having one difficulty I need to work around. I
have several audio programs on the desktop that I can control remotely
via the laptop, but when I play the audio files they of course can only
be heard at the desktop. How can I also hear the audio files on the
controlling computer?

You can't, unless the audio files are on the controlling computer. Of
course you could run audio from the desktop computer to the laptop
through a wire or wireless hookup.

If the desktop computer has Bluetooth, you could (I'm guessing here
since I've never tried it) assign the audio playback to that device and
use a Bluetooth speaker at the laptop. I don't think you could connect
Bluetooth-to-bluetooth between the two computers, but you could play
around with that.

Or you could set up a streaming server on the desktop and connect to
that from the laptop.

Nothing is going to be simple, though.

Would Virtual Audio Cable work in this case? Run one instance on the
main computer and another on the laptop.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

--
Tciao for Now!

John.