Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Mat Nieuwenhoven Mat Nieuwenhoven is offline

Default Which RF headphones?

On 10 Sep 2014 18:03:44 GMT, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

These would be mostly for watching TV. Though I am not a hard-core audiophile,

I AM suffering from the terrible sound from the (fairly new TV) speakers. Unfortunately newer TVs do not have port for headphone jacks -- stupid!!!

So I am considering 3 Sennheiser RF phones. Which of the below do Hon. Members think would be adequate for mostly talk:

RS 120
RS 130
RS 160

Money IS a factor, alas, so I want to get the biggest bank for my limited buck.

If your TV doesn't have an earphone output, how are you going to drive
the phones? Does it have built-in Bluetooth support for phones?

If it doesn't have to be wireless or you find a separate wireless
driver (e.g. Bluetooth based), consider Teufel Aureol real. IMO very
open sound, not bass heavy, neutral, transparent at the high end. Very
light (190 grams), if I wear it for 5 hours it still doesn't irritate,
even though is is over-ear which I don't like.

Mat Nieuwenhoven (not an audio pro)