Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Corfield Richard Corfield is offline

Default RTA

On 2008-01-25, Arny Krueger wrote:
Turn the bass up until you can just start feeling it in your chest and gut.

I'll suggest an investment in industrial subwoofers forthwith ;-)

The final adjustment should be determined by consulting this chart:

(1) Contemporary - Set levels to OSHA limits, and then add more as the
Spirit moves.
(1) Charismatic - who is OSHA?
(3) Blended - back it off quite a bit
(4) Traditional - what are you doing with a bass guitar?

:-)

ROTFL! Who's OSHA? Health'n'Safety?

I sometimes wonder if my own ability to hear bass notes
isn't always good, or if maybe all that mass of standing
singing audience is soaking it up a bit.

I face similar challenges and concerns. I think the biggest challenge is to
get the vocals and rhythm to cut through all the masking due to
congregational singing.

Same here really. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard Corfield