Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default RTA

mcnews wrote:
if one can't afford proper room treatment is using an RTA in the aux
channel a viable solution for someone with a small home studio with no
ambitions other than making good sounding dream pop recordings. all
of my music has live drums, bass, guitars, keys, percussion, reeds,
and sometimes real strings.

No.

i've never used an RTA, but sometimes peaple complain that my trax are
a little bottom heavy.

Then the RTA will tell you that they are a little bottom heavy, which is
something you already know.

i play bass, BTW...

That might explain why your tracks are a little bottom heavy.