Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lorin David Schultz

Default Sound absorption in air.

"WillStG" wrote:

Fine, whatever works for you.

Whoa, chill Will. I was just givin' you the gears a little. Absolutely
no disrespect intended. Just one old regular having fun with another
one who happens to do similar work, that's all.

I used an example that has worked for me to get rid of "hollow" room
sound and get an anchor to sound more upfront; you can't use
"equalization" to bring something in the diffuse sound field back
into the direct sound field but for something in the direct field you
can do some compensation with eq for air absorbtion/mic
distance/positioning relative to the source was my point.

Right, and I agree. I just don't accept that moving a lav closer to the
mouth will improve bass response. But I still agreed with the rest of
your post by conceding that moving the mic down to mid chest would
exacerbate room problems.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good