Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Sets of RAP CDs

On 17/02/2019 2:47 pm, Dr2 wrote:
I feel your pain, Pete.Â*Â* Not long ago I had a young (20-something) kid
argue with me about MP3 files.Â*Â* His assertion was that MP3's were
higher quality than his original CD copies... and that he was actually
"up-sampling" them by this conversion to the magical format.Â*Â*Â* Of
course, his proof was in listening tests with his favorite ear-buds.

I've heard worse. We had a local HiFi magazine editor argue that MP3's
were better than CD 20 years ago. Then later deny he ever said it when
he realised what a fool he had made of himself! :-)