Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

Default Dead SM-48s

Story and minor rant:

I was asked to do sound for karaoke at a local VFW.
I pulled out some old SM-48s .. figured they'd be
adequate for that job.

When I checked them out they were all dead, no
sound what so ever.

[OK, I got the job done with other mic's ]

Anyway, later I pulled the top off the the 48's
and found the foam had turned to sticky goo.
Cleaned out the goo as best I could .. but still
dead.

So... I figured I could just replace the capsules.
Looked up the price and found they'd cost more
than new SM-48's!

Duh, this just doesn't seem right!

Anyway, I have a few nice SM-48 bodies,
hate to just throw them out .. any suggestions?

~~
OK, just lightly venting. End of minor rant.

--
==
Later...