Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default In praise of Michael Fremer

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:25:11 PM UTC-8, Scott wrote:
I know this one will probably stir the pot but I think this guy deserves =

some serious recognition for his excellent reviews of new vinyl. His articl=
es are well written, well informed and well thought out. Even when I don't =
agree with his subjective impression of a given LP I find his reviews to be=
a great read and often useful. Not something I can say about the majority =
of audiophile reviews out there. Here are some excellent examples of his re=
cord reviews.=20
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...s-years-later=

-sounding-better-ever
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...nophonic-reis=

sue-sonylegacy-analog-planet-exclusive
=20
=20
=20
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...t-cool-crapper

Fremer's vinyl reviews are good, no doubt about it. After all he gets to pl=
ay with what is arguably=20
the best vinyl playing gear on the planet. If anything is going to allow Fr=
emer to hear deeply into
a record, it's that level of equipment. Record decks like the Walker Prosce=
nium TT are really that=20
good, especially when partnered with the best phono cartridges. He has acce=
ss to both.=20