Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers

Default Preamp for my U195

wrote:

Basically, my setup was to connect the U195 to my M-Audio Firewire 410
audio interface that would be connected to my computer. But I am not
sure if that will give good results for the voices that I will be
recording (R&B to Hip Hop type of stuff).

There's never any guarantee of that, no matter what preamp you use.
Just try it and listen to what you get. I think the mic, in general,
deserves a better preamp than what's in the F-410, but if you're on a
short budget, there's no point in getting a cheap preamp when you
already have one.

What might be worth a try is something that will muck it up pretty good
like an inexpensive tube preamp. The Studio Projects VTB-1 might give
you some interesting color, and it goes for $100.
http://www.swee****er.com/store/detail/VTB1/