perso

Richard Crowley a écrit :
"perso" wrote in message

Scott Dorsey a écrit :

In article znr1117410129k@trad, Mike Rivers
wrote:

So why hasn't some enterprising Linux/Ardour advocate put together an
Ardour distribution package that can be easily installed on a fresh
out of the box computer to provide a stable, capable DAW for less
money than ProTools, Nuendo, Samplitude, Cakewalk, and the like? Seems
like if Linux, Ardour, and the support programs are as solid as is
claimed, this could be a great deal for, say, $100 or so.

They have. It comes with a Linux distribution that is very stripped
down and doesn't have a lot of other stuff available. It's free, and
I'll see if I can find the CD that someone gave me at a show.
--scott

called Agnula
http://agnula.org/
you can try Agnula 1.2.1 RC1
regards

Interesting concept, but apparently "Some assembly requred."

On the "Applications" page http://www.agnula.org/packages/
I saw lots of "gui front ends" and "tookits" for synthisizer
applications, but nothing even remotely resembling a ready-
to-run recording/editing application (like Audacity, Ardour,
etc.) Did I miss something?

Is Linux not sophisticated enough to have a reasonably robust
installation that can be run on an average PC box? Is Linux (or
Ardour) not flexible enough to handle the majority of typical
sound cards?

noticed not any pb.
i'm not informatician, understand NOTHING in linux, don't know how to
make "a compilation" , and all works fine.