Scott Dorsey

In article znr1117410129k@trad, Mike Rivers wrote:

So why hasn't some enterprising Linux/Ardour advocate put together an
Ardour distribution package that can be easily installed on a fresh
out of the box computer to provide a stable, capable DAW for less
money than ProTools, Nuendo, Samplitude, Cakewalk, and the like? Seems
like if Linux, Ardour, and the support programs are as solid as is
claimed, this could be a great deal for, say, $100 or so.

They have. It comes with a Linux distribution that is very stripped
down and doesn't have a lot of other stuff available. It's free, and
I'll see if I can find the CD that someone gave me at a show.