perso

Richard Crowley a écrit :
"Kier" wrote ...

Marko Shindler wrote:

They are as a group, programmers, not musicians and they look down
upon anyone asking for help who doesn't have a degree in programming.

Absolutely wrong. Most of us don't have a degree in programming.
I certainnly don't. i use Linux because it's Free/Open and free from
cost and fun, and interesting

But many (most?) computer users don't want their operating system
to be "fun and interesting". Reardless of cost. They want it to just
work quietly in the background and let them get on with the primary task
at hand.

The Linux community has a difficult time understanding the
concept of the computer/operating system as a tool, or a means to an
end.

Again, wrong. Linux is about tools - the whole Linux/unixlike concept
is about toolchains, and creating the tools *you* need
and want, not adapting yourself to the tools that are given to you.

Again, many (most?) computer users don't have the time or talent to
develop (or even adapt) their own tools. Just as most of us don't
make our own electric drills or even screwdrivers. It seems like many
Linux zealots have a distorted view of the mainstream of computer
users. The fact that you excluded the practical users (rec.audio.pro)
from the "reply-to" would seem to support the "Linux as an end in
itself" worldview.

listen,
mandriva LE 2005 + nyvalls packages are very easy to install,
easier than windows...
ardour is a pro tools like
audacity is a soundforge like etc...