Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default My PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL Review Posted

On 3/13/2012 10:58 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 12, 2012 6:21:16 PM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
You might want to take a look at the Focusrite 8i6

LOL, great minds think alike. That's exactly what I bought yesterday just before you posted this. [Focusrite 8i6]

Well I hope we gave you good advice. I think it's one of the
better overall designs for this sort of box. I was debating
getting the 18i6 thinking that some day I might want to take
along my Mackie 800R (8 channel preamp with ADAT Optical
output among others) for a larger session than straight
stereo recording.

Although it isn't what either of us need, I'm going to try
to get my hands on one of the M-Audio C600 Fast Track
interfaces. It seems to have a lot of the capability of the
PreSonus but it has an assortment of different GUI displays.
The full display takes up the whole screen but they had pity
on folks like me with low resolution monitors and have
reduced versions, just a basic mixer, and just a meter
bridge, so there's plenty of room to keep the DAW on the
screen where you need it. Plus it has transport control
buttons, so you may not need to get to the DAW as often
during tracking.

I don't know who my friendly M-Audio marketing rep is any
more, but if you're out there lurking, get in touch.

--Ethan

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff