Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Stephie Bench Stephie Bench is offline

Default Monster Power Amp by Stephie Bench and Myself

Thanks for the kind words, John. I have a few ideas in mind that I'll be developing. First thing on the agenda in the tube world, though, is to update my 813 based Matrix amp. It sounds great, and I get 60 watts per channel from a pair of them. That would be equivalent to 2 single ended stages. I mostly want to update the filament supplies using one of Linear Technology boost buck regulators. Takes in 9 to 70ish volts to produce 10 volts out at 90ish% efficiency. Will replace a couple off the shelf but accoustically noisy supplies due to their fans.

Otherwise its a dang nice amp... simple lineup... 2x6GX7 and 2x813. It does have 2 6AS7 and a couple 12AX7 for HV regulators.

Also need to update my p-p 801 harmonic equalizer amp. That likewise produces 60 watts per channel for a pair of 801s per channel. That's more than you're supposed to get from 801s but the H.E. concept increases the dynamic range that much.

Warmest regards,
Stephie