Gian Luca Specchia

Default R: Broadcast sound question

My friend, you are screwing up the audio because you don't know the
difference between a peak reading meter and a VU meter.

I know Will.....maybe I'm little confused my head is about to exploding.
Peak meter read the peaks of the program level....Vu read the avarege level
without reading the peaks, strictly speaking about sound material the
difference between the instruments is about -8db ( that's why usually 0vu
correspond to-9 of Ppm or -8 if you are working with nagra).
Some souncraft's consolle mounted a led integrated in the vu shell to achive
the operator to see the peaks with the vu indication.......

thanks man....... don't you think that the word dude is ancient.....??? :-)