Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Default Center Channel Speakers

Well MOSFET,

Leave it to a good ol' fashioned listening session!! I went to one of my
local retailers and low and behold they had an Alpine SBS-05C to listen to.
I have to say I was mightily impressed with the sound!! They had it hooked
up along with an Alpine DVD player, Alpine coaxials (front and rear), some
sort of sub, with a couple of Alpine amps. One of the amps was driving the
speaker, I believe he said it was a dedicated center channel output of 50w
rms. Anyway, I was absolutely flabbergasted at the amount of detail the
sucker put out. I was listening to Revenge of the Sith and it didn't sound
like single-DIN sized speaker at all. Well I have to say I was sold. I am
no longer going to worry about what I'm going to do with my center channel
setup...decision made!

I'm sure one could custom make an enclosure, as we've talking about, and get
better sound, but at what cost? I think I'll be quite happy with the
SBS-05C.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub