Jay - atldigi

Default 16 bit vs 24 bit, 44.1khz vs 48 khz <-- please explain

In article ,
(Garthrr) wrote:

Actually I was under the impresion that Jay was on the other side of
the fence--that he was saying that 24 bit was really no better than 16
bit for any sort of real world audio.

Absolutely not. I know there's a lot of posting going on, and I've
written a lot in this thread, but I know I've stated several times that
the above is not what I'm saying. Instead of adding even more
confustion, please try to go back and read my posts again.

Sorry Jay. I was hoping to avoid that.

No trouble - I'm just afraid that if I make too many more posts, it will
be impossible to follow in such a long thread. It already seems like
some of the context is getting lost and that's partly contributing to
the lingering questions. Not to mention, who wants to keep hearing me
blab?! On a positive note, this thread has been pleasantly civil and
relatively informative, so I'm happy to keep discussing if you have some
remaining questions. I'm just a little foggy on what they are. Help me
out and I'll try to return the favor.

--
Jay Frigoletto
Mastersuite