Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Question: Is "128" Totally Irrelevant As A Bitrate?

On Nov 17, 4:04*am, "geoff" wrote:
Trevor wrote:
"ChrisCoaster" wrote in message
I'll take a properly recorded cassette, produced on calibrated

equipment and played back on a properly aligned deck

Yeah like there are SO many of those tapes and decks around! :-)

over a 128k mp3 ANYDAY.

As I said, you're welcome to your choices. Me I'd simply opt for FLAC
or Wave recording and storage at a ***minute*** percentage of the
cost of any half way decent cassette recorder and quality tape!

Well that's changing the rules. FLAC (or equiv) is top - as good as the
source.

But 128kbps and cassette - I'd take the cassette any day.

geoff

THANK

YOU

GEOFF!!

(someone on here used just 3 brain cells and actually got my point -
see folks, it's not that difficult!)

-CC