Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Difference between Genalex KT88 and Genalex Gold Lion KT88 ?

"Regats" wrote in message

What is the difference between original production
Genalex KT88 tubes and original Gold Lions? - The ones
made by GEC - Not interested in reissues.
Also, there are different architectures of Genalex
KT88's; dual side / dual top getters,
dual side / single top, dual top... is one considered
superior and more valuable?
Is the Gold Lion version one particular getter
arrangement or did they also come in different styles.

The Gold Lion tubes were a premium tube that in the day, was sold for a
higher price, came in fancier packaging, etc.

I worked in a store that stocked them and we did not find them to be a big
seller. I presume that their margins were higher.