Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Difference between Genalex KT88 and Genalex Gold Lion KT88 ?

On Jul 11, 12:25*am, "Regats" wrote:
Perhaps, Mr. Ludwig, I'm asking because _I_ give a ****
I have four Genalex KT-88's on eBay. I had mislabeled them as Gold Lions
and someone emailed me that these were not GL's just Genalex -
(He gave a **** too, apparently - enough to let me know I made a mistake)
so I was curious what the difference was.

Without being snitty - the difference is pretty much that which is
between several grades and types of apple, wine, potato, vehicle,
gasoline, whatever. The GEC KT88 tubes are considered worthwhile
tubes, all of them. Those that are "Gold Lion" are very clearly
labeled as such and are entirely unmistakable - the Lion Rampant is
kinda-sorta hard to miss. So, and as this is an eBay issue, the only
thing anyone could imagine is that you were making your mislabeling
mistake deliberately, at which point the internal build-differences
are no longer at issue.

You made a mistake that is the functional equivalent of labeling a
Ford F-150 pick-up truck as if it were a Taurus. Or a Red wine as a
white. Or a Granny Smith as a Macintosh.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA