Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Microphones- help!!

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:59:15 -0400, Geoff wrote
(in article ):

wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I've been taping live concerts since 1985, video since 1988, and DAT
since 1991. I just recently purchased a Panasonics AG-DVC30 pro
camcorder, and the internal mic is so bad on it that I need to break
down and buy a new mic. I have had some decent mics in the past- not
Schoeps or anything but I had a pair of nice Nak 300's and I have some
coresounds now.
So, what I'm looking for is a single condenser stereo microphone
that can be used with the camcorder and with my DAT. I know that most
quality microphones are mono mics so my options are limited for an
all-in-one stereo mic. I typically tape Indie and Punk Rock.

I have done some research and I found the following:

Rode NT4- The guy at Swee****er swears by this mic, but he has never
taped concerts with it. I saw on a forum for one of the jam bands that
this mic did not perform well- not bright enough. Anyone have any
experience with this one?

There is the new stereo RODE VideoMic...

geoff

A video of which (RodeSVM.mov) is in the video folder on my website.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at
www.tyford.com