Scott Dorsey

Default Sony Repair Suggestions

In article et,
Peter wrote:
Sony Factory Service refused to repair my 1991 top-of-the-line CDP-X777ES CD
player because they claim they have no parts anymore, this despite the fact
that over the phone they had assured me that they did indeed have parts for
the CD Player and based on that I had sent it to their San Diego,
California, Service Center. The problem is that the CD Player refuses to
recognize a few new CDs that are playable on all other CD Players. It plays
about 300 other CDs without any problems.

Sony is that way.

Hence I am wondering if anyone might know of a very "reputable" and
"reliable" repair service that would be willing to help me? I do not care
where it might be within the USA.

Take it to your local TV repair shop and ask for a cleaning and lubrication
job. If it hasn't been done for a couple of years, you'll find that fixes
a lot of your problems.

If the problem is actually that it does not play copy-protected CDs, your
only recourse is to take them back to the store and demand a refund. Those
will not play on a large number of older machines and quite a few newer ones
too.