Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default The Vega and the Pinto

On May 5, 11:32*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 5, 9:09*pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 4, 5:58*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 1:13*am, Bret L wrote:

*Those were the primary brands' flagship small cars

Oh Jesus Christ. Someone mentions a Vega and you have to deliver one
of your internal Wikipedia entries.

You are so, so autistic.

*No, you are dense because you can not see the import (no pun
intended) of the progress of the American auto industry, and in turn
its impact on our society.

*He's all about appearances. First thing he said to me about his CD
player was the price tag
and then stupidly proclaimed, "They make a $20K model! *Imagine how
good it must sound."

Actually, I didn't say that. Naim didn't have a $20K player. So you're
lying about that.

And I'm pretty sure the first thing I did was play a lot of music. But
since it wasn't Genesis or Wishbone Ash, you couldn't concentrate.

A more pompous audiophool you'll never find.

You're the one who said your Mitsubishi TT was "perfect on paper," so
I think you win that contest.

He "knows" his car is nice because an auto-rag told him so.

No, I know my car is nice because it puts a giant smile on my face
everytime I get into it. But I did read reviews of cars before I
bought it. Did you read reviews of the Cobalt? Apparently not!

He thinks the car he drives is representative of the man he is.

Now you're making **** up again. That's representative of the man YOU
are...a backstabbing liar.

*Maybe
it is.
Small car...small man.

Then you must be a piece of ****, since that's what the Cobalt is. I
can pretty much confirm the first sentence.

Maybe it really does represent him.
He actually could be as shallow as he appears.

Boy, it sounds like you really hate that Cobalt about now. Between the
Chevy, the Linkwitz Orions, the Yamaha preamp and the Mitusbishi TT, I
think you need to take a course in Consumer Skills. You're definitely
surrounded by ****.