Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Cleanest track ever ?

John Williamson wrote:
----------------------

Phil Allison wrote:

Honey, Don't, by the Beatles

An enthusiastic comment I remember well was:

" ... **** those guys are tight ! "

After playing together for so long, they should have been. They had been
playing together for well in excess of a thousand paid gigs before they
got noticed.

The version you linked to was a remaster dating from 2009, 44 years
after the original release.

** The LP I played for friends was bought in Sydney 1972, a compilation of Beatles hits. It WAS definitely ALL in stereo, " Honey Don't" sounding EXACTLY as in the link.

It also contained "With a Little Help from my Friends" - sung also by Ringo.

The original was in mono, from a four track master, and it sounded just
as good live when they did a version for the BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2elDGhmCMY

** Fascinating to hear *John* singing instead of Ringo!

...... Phil