Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

Phil Allison wrote:
gareth magennis wrote:

Oh, and if you happen to connect anything else to this ungrounded keyboard,
such as a mains grounded local monitor,

** The OP's keyboard has on board amplifiers and speakers.

Remember the *only" connector is a HP jack.

IME, such units do not have enough metal shielding to exclude buzz and hum
from fluoro and dimmed domestic lighting.

I have a little box that has 600:600 transformers in it and a shunt load
on the transformer secondary. The idea being that with a lower impedance
load, the keyboard noise is less severe. I have really only had to use it
with $10 Casio keyboards, gameboys, and the like, but it helps a bit for
the really cheap stuff.