Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Simple Audio Test Chamber

Jerry Steiger wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Look at some of the room mode calculators on the web. If you can make it
large enough that all of the major room modes fall below the lowest
frequency of interest, that's a start.

When you say major, how high do I need to go? If it is just the first mode,
then about 2' will do at 300 Hz, but if I need to go the 9th mode, then we
are talking 16'.

16 feet is a little large... eight feet is probably enough. You should be
able to do the math to see the relative importance of the various modes.
How many modes you care about depends on how flat a response you really need;
by the ninth mode the peaks aren't very big at all but they are still there.