John Atkinson

Default Stereophile reviews (Was: Steely Dan The Absolute Sound)

Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro wrote in message
Wavac Audio Lab SH-833 monoblock power amplifier (Michael Fremer)
As We See It ( Triggered by Mikey Fremer's review of the $350k/pair
Wavac amplifier in this issue, John Atkinson ponders problems of
fidelity and value for money.)

I suppose in a couple of months these articles will be available
on the website.

Both will be accessible in the free on-line archives at
www.stereophile.com on Monday July 12.

There are some other eye opening measuremens as well, reminding
one of Mr. Atkinson's comment in another recent review (I believe
about an amplifier Dudley was raving about) that amplifiers that
test like this are usually described as "broken."

That one I couldn't find. Can you give some more detail ?

It was the Antique Sound Lab Explorer review, also available in
Stereophile's on-line archives.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile