Ville Koskinen

Steve King wrote:
If you invent a better way, let us know. Here's another thing to think
about. Back in the old analogue tape days I narrated long-form scripts for
a producer who preferred to stop the tape whenever a mistake was made and
punch in a new start at that point. At the end of the session he had a tape
requiring no editing. Unfortunately, I always felt that the performance
suffered. Rather than concentrating on the story telling, I became part of
the mechanical process of creating a finished tape.

Good points.

I'm doing both narration and editing so I'll need almost two hours to
produce an hour of edited reading. I too have noticed that having to
hassle with the computer affects performance.

A better way? What if by pressing let's say left arrow during
recording, the program would stop recording and instantly start playing
from the beginning of the last phrase you've spoken (phrase detection
shouldn't be a problem). Pressing left arrow twice would rewind two
phrases and so on. By pressing 'R' the program would punch in over the
phrase you've selected, after a sufficient pre-roll, of course.

Regards,
Ville Koskinen