shiva

"Gregg" wrote in message
news:hZ9Pd.44303$gA4.10186@edtnps89...
As the other fella's said, 5%. But a 7812 commonly used for those heaters
will hold 'em nice at +-0.1% or better :-)

I hate simple solutions... BTW, there's a 7806, really. Still, though,
ain't it a bit more sportin' to use a 317, if you're already usin' them
darned things grumpy old man voice? That way, you can *twiddle* things...
Though you prob'ly just tap into your 'puter for the 12V, knowin' you (I
like the PS's from old macs (macs are good for something - go figure!) -
nice & small & have a switch right on the box... Replace the 7805 with
7806, and you're off and runnin'. And spin the wires through one of 'dem
ceramic doughnuts. Oh, did I mention that I get much better S/n from my
"projects" when i unplug the wireless & the router?
-dim

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca