Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Buying "beats"

Mike Rivers wrote: "I've never heard either of those two songs so I wouldn't have a clue, nor would I care where "the music" from a Kid Rock song came from. "

Well as far as the first part of your response is concerned, yes, I'm fairly certain that's where that beat came from - my analysis being from listening on actual quality headphones and speakers - not cheapo ear buds.

Per the above quote: Allow me to introduce myself(and by extension YOU - to what the rest of us listen to): I'm a musical 99-percenter. I listen to stuff that the vast majority of ordinary people, from 9 to 99 years old, listen to, in their homes, cars, in concert, or on a plane or train ride to somewhere.

That would include Bing Crosby, Joe Cocker, Marvin Gaye, the Beatles, Bee Gees(as soloists or together), Zeppelin, Cold Play, Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Mozart, Flo-Rida, and even Tony Orlando & Dawn.

So my ears have become suitably trained in the detection of samples lifted by one generation of pop/rock star from another, thank you very much and Happy New Year.