Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Headphones to try out under $200? .... and OT - Macca

On 17/12/2017 5:53 AM, wrote:
Try the care full use of a couple of earbud cotton sticks to each
ear! I am amazed every time I do this, usu about 2 weeks apart,
though this does depend on what you are eating, literally. The
amount of wax that comes out may appear small but the change in
hearing acuity especially in the higher frequencies is well
remarkable! Why this part of personal hygiene is not referred to as a
staple activity I have no idea. But the incidence of deafness in
older people who have not been to war in a tank nor have they
attended any raves in their lifetime is also a sad affair. A taboo
subject? Its time we woke up to living pro actively. What do you
think? Pardon?

How do you imagine general hearing-loss is going to be with the
'ear-bud' generation ? Scary.

I think I'm doing quite well, despite not so much an ear-wax problems,
but gummed up internal ear bits (inhaled eucalyptus oil in hot water
seems best treatment), tinnitus, and hum.

Was dismayed to realise that I'd left my earplugs at hotel Saturday
night when half-way to Macca concert. But thankfully the levels were not
at all excessive. Not like Neil Youg last(?) year, who was painful even
*with* 20dB Etymotic ear-plugs in !

As often happens in NZ the macca show was last concert of a tour, so the
band wanted to finish on a high' (so to speak) , and did 3 hours
non-stop. (gig was forecast to last 2 1/2 hours). Concert of a lifetime,
though outside arena venue not as intimate as 1990 in Wembley arena when
I saw him last, making a special trip all the way from Baghdad (!).

Paul apparently prefers not to use in ear monitors (I hate them too -
make things isolated and impersonal) , and was seem to block ears with
hands moments before a pyro canon went off right beside him at end of
LALD. And he corrected the grammatical error.

geoff