Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

I wonder if the low hiss levels of the old recordings was due to the
very simple signal path, which was really quite difficult to mess up.
Maybe modern desks are just too complex for the average recording
engineer to understand beyond the "this button does this" level.

The problem, I guess, is that they have taken the epithet "engineer"
to themselves without the slightest justification, in many cases.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

That makes some sense. Perhaps recordists today use too many outboard
processor chains.
But I think there must be more to it than that alone.

--
Best Regards,

Mark A. Weiss, P.E.
www.mwcomms.com