Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default 90degree phase shifts

субота, 28. јул 2012. 21.57.27 UTC+2, Les Cargill је написао/ла:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

You need two all-pass filters. One produces a phase shift of phi. The other

producers phi+90 or phi-90.

It is impossible to produce a fixed 90 degree phase shift over a wide

frequency range and have flat response at the same time. You have to create

the 90-degree shift as the difference between two filters' phase responses.

Trust me.

So I just did an experiment which produced a fixed 90 degree phase

shift over the audio range.

I have some 'C' source which produces a Hilbert transform of an

audio file ( using libsndfile and FFTW plus some code of my own,

er code I pretty much swiped off the Internet .

When I run this twice*, I get perfect** cancellation

*Assume files A,B and C. B = Hilbert(A), C = Hilbert(B).

** to the limit of my ability to measure it. I can provide details on

request.

What am I missing?

--

Les Cargill

If you run make 4. one D=hilbert(C) does it, D, cancell out with B?