New Geoff

Default Does audio quality still matter?

"Robert Morein" protested...

It does TO ME.

Me too. I might accept lower quality if I want to have something to listen
to when travelling, or working alone in the lab at the weekend (terribly
noisy, those fatigue tests!), but I know I can come home and get some
serious listening in.

It's getting like beer - all wishy-washy to appeal to the lowest common
denominator - but we have to give thanks to the little brewers who still
care about taste . . . .

I wonder . . . . what are they teaching in schools these days when it comes
to music class? Even now, 30 years on, I can remember clearly the whole
concept of classical music falling into place as I sat, eyes closed,
listening to "Wee Mick" playing us Schubert on the system he'd gone out and
bought himself.

I guess I'm not the only one here who would rather hunt out old vinyl than
pay out for new CD releases. Besides, there's a certain sensual pleasure
that comes with carefully handling that black circle and gently lowering the
stylus into the groove.

Excuse me - I just have to go and have a cold shower . . . .

________
Geoff B

PS - hello everybody.

--