Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve Steve is offline

Default Zoom H4 digital recorder?

In article ,
MarcoM wrote:

Thomas Jespersen, 08/03/2007 19.08:

Another option in same pricerange is edirol r-09.

It seems that R-09 can record some click during recording levels setting...
Marco

Cite your sources, because I have an Edirol R-09 and don't have any
problems. It's smaller than the H4, easier to use, and the build
quality (made in Japan by Roland) is superior.

Roland/Edirol vs Samson/Zoom. Quality vs cheap.

The R-09 is easier to use because you hit the dedicated record button
twice to record. Once to put it in record mode where you set levels,
and the 2nd time to record.

The H4 has sloppy feeling buttons that have multiple uses, where if you
want to have it record, you have to make sure that pushed button is in
record mode.

There were lots of threads where the H4 had the clicking problem.
I'm in all the recording forums, where people post about both of these
units, and it's clear the R-09 is preferred. The only people who say
the H4 is better, are the people who are defending their $100 savings in
purchasing the H4 over the R-09. If they were the same price, I doubt
anyone would buy the H4 over the R-09. If the $100 price difference is
important, the H4 is better than anything else at it's price.

I'd still buy it over a minidisc.

Again, tell me where you read the Edirol R-09 had a clicking problem?