Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.audio.car,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW DougW is offline

Default How to remove wire guard in 2002 Jeep Wrangler ?

James wrote:
I am putting new front speakers in Mod Pod enclosures, to be mounted
on the floor, adjacent to the bottom portion of the door frame. On
the driver's side, near the bottom edge of the door, there is a
plastic wire guard assembly, which runs from almost underneath the
dash, to the point near the back of the driver's seat. This wire
guard protects the bundle of wires that go to the rear of the Jeep
for various things like taillights, etc. The Mod Pod enclosure will
not fit on the left side, without moving this wire guard, and
trimming it for a proper fit. Along the back-end edge alongside the
driver's seat, there are several phillips screws which of course are
no problem to remove. However, at the front of this wire guard
assembly, nearly underneath the dash, there is a hole , with a screw
mounted in the center. No nut to loosen, just a screw, and I see no
way to detach this end of the wire guard from the vehicle.
Do any of you know what I am talking about, and how I can remove this
wire guard ?? HELP, I am STUCK, and I can't GET MY MOD POD
INSTALLED !!!
Thanks for any tips !! Remember, 2002 Jeep Wrangler.

James

Got me. :/

Magnetic screwdriver?

--