Posted to rec.audio.pro
Orlando Enrique Fiol Orlando Enrique Fiol is offline

Default How do I freeze a note during playback so I can hear it, kind of like when MIDI gets stuck?

In article ,
writes:
So when you all mix a performance, you are always listening to it as a moving

image?

Essentially, yes. I sometimes loop transients or sustains to make certain
adjustments.

MIDI does get stuck if it misses the off command. Maybe what I need to do is

use a MIDI file and an anti-off command. Not that I know how to do this! But
a program like Tapper that steps through MIDI on command might work with
suitable material.

Any midi event editor can strip out note-off commands.

I did want to use normal recorded music for this rather than something canned,

but anything will help.

Midi will entirely address your needs to ascertain pitches and voicings.