Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How do I freeze a note during playback so I can hear it, kindof like when MIDI gets stuck?

On 12/11/2014 11:18 AM, TimR wrote:
I did want to use normal recorded music for this rather than something canned, but anything will help.

I don't think there's a pushbutton solution to what you want to do. What
you essentially need to do is to select the note you want to hear
continuously, highlight it, and tell the program to loop the highlighted
area. This is what I do in Sound Forge (you can do it in just about any
program) if, for example, I hear a note that sticks out and I'd rather
just dip down that frequency than compressor limit the passage. I'll
highlight a little section that surrounds the note, maybe a few notes on
either side, loop it, and then play with the EQ knobs.

You could do the same thing, just looping the single note, but you'd
need to be fairly precise in setting the end points. But I don't think
you'll find a program or a plug-in that will automatically detect the
boundaries of a single note and loop it.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then