Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default How do I freeze a note during playback so I can hear it, kindof like when MIDI gets stuck?

On 12/11/2014 6:38 AM, TimR wrote:
Is there an easy way to do this?

I would like to stop a piece while it is playing and just have it hold that note/chord/mix continuously until I move on.

I want to be able to listen long enough to hear what is really going on.

I also want to use it for teaching ear training and chord recognition.

I don't have sophisticated digital editing software but maybe this is easy to do. (Audacity is good enough for most of what I do.)

Pretty much any digital audio workstation can do this, and some of
the software packages are pretty much free. Audacity should have
something like this.

In Cubase 5, there are "locators", which are two little triangles,
between which the audio will be repeated continuously, if the "repeat"
button has been clicked on.