Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.equipment
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Anyone heard this $300K turntable?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:57:59 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

OK, so you get substantially all unwanted acoustic energy
out of the vinyl and into the platter by matching the acoustic
impedance. But where does it then go?

What a load of crap. Guffaw.

I've got a great suggestion for you. Replace the coax that connects your
cable system to your TV with coax having a significantly different
impedance. What do you see?

The mechanical principle is exactly the same as the electrical..

I'll keep that in mind next time I play an FM encoded record.

Why don't you do your experiment on some video broadcasts that aren't
transmitted on any kind of carrier signal. Try running a line level video
signal through 100' of 300ohm twin lead and report back on how impedance has
no effect.