Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
ScottW ScottW is offline

Default Anyone heard this $300K turntable?

wrote in message
In rec.audio.pro ScottW wrote:
: wrote in message
: ...
: In rec.audio.pro ScottW wrote:
: : Has anyone ever put an accelerometer on the bottom of a record
: : to see if the stylus dragging over the top can be detected?
: Couldn't you just watch the strobe and see if it changed during
: soft vs loud passages?
: Not nearly enough resolution and I seriously doubt that
: the increase in friction matters here.
: Any decent motor should motor right through that.

Then why did you ask? I must be confused...

Clearly, we're not discussing
gross changes in rotational velocity (wow and flutter).
We're talking about vibration in the vinyl.

ScottW