Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.equipment

Default Anyone heard this $300K turntable?

I heard the effectiveness of this about 25 years ago when
James Boyk at Caltech sent a review LP with a severe warp.
The side with the warp "up", so that it could not be pressed
against the Platter Matter pad I was using, had a much different
tonal balance (brighter, thinner) from the other side.

I think this issue is better handled by improved cart technology
lowering the eq. mass of the stylus and the force it imparts on
the record than on the other side.

The point I was making had nothing to do with warps..