Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default PreSonus 1810 audio interface.

On 9/03/2019 3:55 PM, Tobiah wrote:
But really, the NT1 isn't a very quiet microphone.

NT1-A.Â* I was under the impression that given its high output and low
self noise that it was a phenomenal choice for the application given a
hobby budget.Â* But I'll try the resistor trick.Â* Maybe the mic is the
source of the noise and the high gain just exposes that.

Toby

I was always under the (mis?)apprehension that the NT-1A was amongst the
quieter of the large-diaphragm condensers ...

But maybe large diaphram is the type of mic needed for the particular
purpose ?

geoff