Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default PreSonus 1810 audio interface.

On 3/8/2019 2:56 PM, Tobiah wrote:
Reading about it, the Cloudlifter if for low output dynamics or ribbons,
and doesn't pass through phantom power.Â* Sounds like it's not right
for the NT1-A's.

Foley is a pretty special thing, usually. If I was going to recommend a
preamp for that application, I'd think about the AEA TRP-2. It can
provide 85 dB of gain (the equivalent of a nominal 60 dB preamp with a
CloudLifter) and while it was designed with ribbon mics in mind, it has
switchable phantom power. But it's about a grand last I looked.

Are you working with your M-Audio interface and not getting good
results? If the A/D converters in it are respectable, you could continue
to use that and try to find a preamp that will give you enough gain at
low enough noise to be usable for your application.