Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default HD or BluRay?

Randy Yates wrote:
Steven Sullivan writes:

willbill wrote:
Randy Yates wrote:

Who's winning the war? I haven't been following this too closely, but
sometime in the next few months I think I'm going to spring for a new
player and I'd like to know which one to get.

i just got, 10 days ago, a Toshiba A35 player

Pity. Blu-Ray just won the format war.

Are you referring to Warner Brothers' decision?

Yup. It's not quite a slam-dunk, but it's pretty dire
news for HD-DVD.

FWIW, I have no stake in either. I'm one of the people
waiting on the sidelines for the 'format war' to
settle itself, before buying.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason