Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] psaffrey@googlemail.com is offline

Default Last.fm (and equivalent) player

There are a few websites now that allow you to build custom "radio
stations" based on the music you like, such as last.fm. I'm looking
for a device that will read a stream from last.fm and transmit it to
the aux port of my stereo.

Of course, I could set up a laptop that would do this job, but this is
somewhat heavy-weight. I was hoping that one of the new generation of
all-singing all-dancing home media players might have similar
features. I'd like it to draw very little power and have a remote
control so I can skip tracks and set it to sleep mode for listening in
bed.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,

Peter